Tuesday 29 December 2009

Radio Production Blog

Tuesday December 1st

After two weeks of practice I felt well prepared for the first radio news day. I acted as a roving reporter, getting vox pops on the Editor's chosen stories in Winton, which were topically chosen for our target audience. These included revelations of abuse in care homes, and a planned bypass through the local area of Ringwood Forrest.

Both bulletins were to just about deadline and ran fairly smoothly, though it was a highly stressful atmosphere with a great lack of group cohesion. I could not help but think of how I would change things were I in an editorial role.

This week I also began to research and prepare for my Radio Feature. I decided to aim for a late night Radio 1 slot with a short feature on the birth and death of an independent record label. I decided on Jonson Family Recordings, as they have put out records by some of my favourite bands.
I contacted the two founders of the label, and members of three different bands (Blood Red Shoes, Charlottefield and Reigns) who had had music released by them and organised interviews.

No comments: